Feature requests for the next version

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.

What features would you prefer to see in the next version?

Better loan manager.
5%
A way to add movie trailers.
7%
Integration with Windows Media Center.
5%
Integration with XBMC.
6%
Full screen mode.
5%
Choose which fields to update when updating over the internet.
20%
More advanced search engine (more fields, more options).
21%
Mass update movies / people.
26%
Password protection.
2%
Automatically backup database.
5%

Total votes: 194

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Re: Feature requests for the next version

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:20 am

This is not a request to create a NEW feature, but to RENEW an old feature now gone in new versions.

I number all my movie disks and keep them out of their cases in sleeves in a hanging file case. I keep a record of the numbers in MN. I use the IMDB number, which used to DL with the movie information but for some reason does not anymore. Now I have to click the IMDB link and copy it from that website (its in the URL for the page). Real pain, especially since I know you removed the feature. :x

PLEASE, fix the DL utility such that the IMDB movie number DLs again with the rest of the movie information.

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 am

Adding my support for better integration / exportability to XBMC. I see the support is low in your table (not sure when you made it) but in the last year there are over 28,000 views in a thread about this feature (which sadly seems now not to function in anything but versions below 5.5.

I would suggest that the reason for the low interest in XBMC is general lack of awareness about it and the relative difficulty exporting from MN and importing to XBMC. I know I had a hard time finding info about it. For convenience, here is a link to the site: http://xbmc.org/about/

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 am

CanadianPilgrim wrote:Adding my support for better integration / exportability to XBMC. I see the support is low in your table (not sure when you made it) but in the last year there are over 28,000 views in a thread about this feature (which sadly seems now not to function in anything but versions below 5.5.

I would suggest that the reason for the low interest in XBMC is general lack of awareness about it and the relative difficulty exporting from MN and importing to XBMC. I know I had a hard time finding info about it. For convenience, here is a link to the site: http://xbmc.org/about/
Just to say XBMC plugin is currently under upgrade dev...

smackrat
Passerby

Post by smackrat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:57 pm

I would say a save button or something similar. I know u can back up but if a save function was there aswell that would help and then you can fall back on the backup if u need to.

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 am

I have over 2000 DVDs, and scan the sleeves for 'poster' and 'cover' use (and for my own use)..but sometimes I would like to share the info the program has downloaded about a movie.
Although I use the program in full screen size, the right hand panel often require scrolling to see everything, especially if the 'about' info is long.
Could it be possible to 'capture' the right hand side as an image...I know that Windows has the 'snipping tool', or you could take a 'snapshot' of the screen and edit...but if the right hand pane needs to be scrolled, neither of these functions will do the job. I've looked at various utilities that capture a scrolling window - but none really succeed...perhaps an option to save the left hand panel could also be incorporated..so if you want to share the movies you have with a particular actor...you can capture that side as well..
Although I use JPG for the various images I scan, I would prefer PNG..which I don't use for the program, as it would stress out the memory, and take some time to load.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Bryan wrote:I have over 2000 DVDs, and scan the sleeves for 'poster' and 'cover' use (and for my own use)..but sometimes I would like to share the info the program has downloaded about a movie.
Although I use the program in full screen size, the right hand panel often require scrolling to see everything, especially if the 'about' info is long.
Could it be possible to 'capture' the right hand side as an image...I know that Windows has the 'snipping tool', or you could take a 'snapshot' of the screen and edit...but if the right hand pane needs to be scrolled, neither of these functions will do the job. I've looked at various utilities that capture a scrolling window - but none really succeed...perhaps an option to save the left hand panel could also be incorporated..so if you want to share the movies you have with a particular actor...you can capture that side as well..
Although I use JPG for the various images I scan, I would prefer PNG..which I don't use for the program, as it would stress out the memory, and take some time to load.
Just an idea :
What about Printing the page using a pdf virtual printer like 'Pdf Creator' ?...

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

JeF wrote:
Bryan wrote:I have over 2000 DVDs, and scan the sleeves for 'poster' and 'cover' use (and for my own use)..but sometimes I would like to share the info the program has downloaded about a movie.
Just an idea :
What about Printing the page using a pdf virtual printer like 'Pdf Creator' ?...

I have tried this - and there are a few basic problems..one being that it will only print to a present page size - so some (and sometimes only one line) will be printed on the second page...I find printing (as opposed to saving as image) create a smaller (screen size) image - although I think I have found a free program, that captures a scrolling page, which is OK for the movie info...but it is limited if a lot of sleeves are on show, for example movies in the French language - I have 120 DVDs in that language - so have to split the page into two, because the program can't handle it.

m.a.gh
Extra

Post by m.a.gh » Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 am

Integration with XBMC.
and 4 digit season number there is some tv shows with no Season number only years
S01 = 2001
S02 = 2002
episode for over 100

ChasUGC
Extra

Post by ChasUGC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:44 pm

How about the ability to play the trailers directly from the program, instead of it opening a browser window. Also, the trailer view is so small. Why not use all that extra space, in the trailer tab, for a normal size you tube video, and allow it to play directly from the program? Movie Collector does this, and that part is much better than Movienizer.

yobogi92
Passerby

Post by yobogi92 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:15 am

how about seperate pages for series or maybe even studios like actors and movies have? we definitely need one for series other than showing just the movies links.