Feature requests for the next version

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.

What features would you prefer to see in the next version?

Better loan manager.
5%
A way to add movie trailers.
7%
Integration with Windows Media Center.
5%
Integration with XBMC.
7%
Full screen mode.
5%
Choose which fields to update when updating over the internet.
20%
More advanced search engine (more fields, more options).
22%
Mass update movies / people.
25%
Password protection.
2%
Automatically backup database.
5%

Total votes: 198

Masonic
Supporting actor

Re: Feature requests for the next version

Post by Masonic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:24 am

Is it time for a new poll, now that version 5 is out?

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:05 am

Masonic wrote:Is it time for a new poll, now that version 5 is out?
Good point, the poll is pretty outdated now.
ImageImage

Phil032
Passerby

Post by Phil032 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 am

I think a Better LOAN MANAGER would be good, because once you have loaned it out to a friend there should be a way of going in to the LOAN MANAGER and just clicking a return button and it should ask you what movies you would like to to return.. that would sound like an upgrade... To me.. :?:

Phil032
Passerby

Post by Phil032 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:16 am

Masonic wrote:Is it time for a new poll, now that version 5 is out?
Good point, since there is Version 5.1 is out now...

eas123
Extra

Post by eas123 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:33 am

Well I'm happy Mass update movies / people won (It was my second choice), but I also up the next one has an Automatically backup database.

Jon Shade
Passerby

Post by Jon Shade » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 am

A feature that would be nice is an icon to indicate type of format the movie is : ie: DVD Bluray VHS
This could be possible a check box to enable un the edit information? Then when refreshed it would show up. Otherwise nothing would.
Similar to the user rating with the stars.... and this icon could show up under the cover to indicate it's type. That way if a user doesnt want it to show it won't (As it does now).
What ya think Sir?

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:07 am

Jon Shade wrote:A feature that would be nice is an icon to indicate type of format the movie is : ie: DVD Bluray VHS
I believe the feature is already available:
movienizer-format-icon.png
movienizer-format-icon.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 9774 times
ImageImage

Jon Shade
Passerby

Post by Jon Shade » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 am

Vlad wrote:
Jon Shade wrote:A feature that would be nice is an icon to indicate type of format the movie is : ie: DVD Bluray VHS
I believe the feature is already available:
movienizer-format-icon.png
Thanks for pointing that out Vlad, what I meant also was a way an end user could add additional formats for the same movie insted of double entries or more.... IE: 2012 BluRay * and I also have it on DVD and it would be nice to be able to add the additional icon so when I review or loan out a movie I can indicate what type it was.... Just a thought....
But yes you were corect it does appear when Bar Code is used.
Thanks for you and your teams efforts! Keep up the great work !

estate
Star

Post by estate » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Any news about when the mass update feature will be added ?

pvdavidson
Supporting actor

Post by pvdavidson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 am

Each new version/build seems to improve the functionality for managing media files - which is great if that's what you have in the collection. I have 1500+ tiltles spread over 2000+ discs (when multi-disc TV series are taken into account) and no separate media files at all. May move taht way in future but concentrating on managing the physical discs at present. This includes keeping track of what has been repackaged into other boxes/sets and so on to save storage space. Through some creative use of the various Movienizer fields, the system is working well for me but this has involved using some fields for different purposes than those intended in the Movienizer design. For instance, Edition|General|Format is used for DVD5, DVD9, DVD+R and so on. Screen ratio is used for Aspect Ratio (1.85:1, 2.35:1 and so on) while resolution is 16:9, 4x3 or 4x3 Letterbox. This suits me better because everything in the collection is MPEG and either PAL or NTSC but the compromise is that I can't use the tools in Movinizer to read the file info and autofill these fields.
Point of the story is that when looking at new features, please don't forget the people who have lots of discs and very few if any non-MPEG media files. Movienizer needs to be a friendly as possible for both sorts of users. For example, the new format in ver 5.x for audio tracks is a lot more time consuming to enter manually than the older system where data such as English 5.1 DTS, French 2.0 Dolby and so on could be covered in a single field where now it takes three or four fields. Media files usually have a single audio track but physical discs can have more than three tracks and six or more sets of subtitles.
Thanks for a wonderful product!!