Feature requests for the next version

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.

What features would you prefer to see in the next version?

Better loan manager.
5%
A way to add movie trailers.
7%
Integration with Windows Media Center.
5%
Integration with XBMC.
7%
Full screen mode.
5%
Choose which fields to update when updating over the internet.
20%
More advanced search engine (more fields, more options).
22%
Mass update movies / people.
25%
Password protection.
2%
Automatically backup database.
5%

Total votes: 198

Bryan
Supporting actor

Re: Movies duplication

Post by Bryan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:08 am

Hi Igor
With regard to using the 'edition' area for entering information about 2 movies, that have the same IMDb number...
Although I have thought of this option before - I dismissed it as undesirable..although the idea is OK for TV programs.
I guess I have about ten movies, that I have more than one copy of....Normally in both PAL & NTSC, with different lengths, and a few are a region 3
One of these is a movie in both PAL & NTSC, One is 60 minutes longer...totally different sleeves (and as only one cover can be displayed...which do I use?)
One is a region 1, while the other is a region 2 (which is also a Dutch import)....
So apart from the IMDb number (and title) they are the same movie - but the DVDs are totally different

EMDB permits more than one entry of the same movie...so it can't be that difficult..
Although 'Movienizer' permits much more user configuration.

But thanks for suggestion :)

Igor
Developer

Re: Feature requests for the next version

Post by Igor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:06 am

There is a way to make two entries for one movie. You simply add it as usual, downloading info about it and after the first entry is created you can open “Add movie” menu and select “by title” option. Uncheck the “Download info about the movie from the internet” box and enter the same name of the movie. Then you’ll have to input all the info about the movie manually (copy/paste) as it wasn’t downloaded. After that just click Save button and a new entry with the same name but different covers etc. appears in your collection list.
ImageImage

Bryan
Supporting actor

Thanks Igor

Post by Bryan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:19 am

I started to do as you suggested...and got an entry for the second version of the movie...BUT (and here's the good part) if you enter the IMDb site link (copied from the original entry) on the first tab...you then have a link to the info on IMDb..and you can just instruct the program to download the info again. Resaulting in 2 entries for the same movie. It's just a case of changing the various bits that need to be changed..

IGOR - I love you.... :D
Thanks again

Bryan
Supporting actor

Re: IMDb number

Post by Bryan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:32 am

I would like to see the IMDb number added to the 'Report Builder'...
We all know that entering the title of the movie will (probably) require you to choose the correct movie from a list.
But, if you enter the IMDb number instead, it will download the information to that movie only..you won't be required to choose from a list of probable movies.
So, I go to IMDb first, get the number..then enter that number in the 'title' area to download
And having the IMDb number printed, will add an extra 'back up'..Perhaps even saving the collection IMDb numbers to a text file?

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 am

Bryan wrote:So, I go to IMDb first, get the number..then enter that number in the 'title' area to download
However, this requires quite a number of additional steps. Would it not be easier just to type the title into Movienizer and get the same list of search results that you get on IMDB, select the one you need and download information about it? :roll:
ImageImage

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 am

Bryan wrote:And having the IMDb number printed, will add an extra 'back up'..Perhaps even saving the collection IMDb numbers to a text file?
Well, this method will allow you to export any field at all:
http://www.movienizer.com/forum/viewtop ... &t=23&p=59
ImageImage

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 am

Unfortunately, The list presented in the 'add new movie (by Title)' is not as comprehensive as the list presented by IMDb, when it presents you with a selection, based on your title entry. I buy movies from 'WAY BACK THEN' (oldies) as well as the new movies..so it helps sometimes to see the sleeves, presented by IMDB. Also, if you've clicked one of the entries to view (on IMDb), and it's not the correct movie, you can just click back, to select another movie. On the selection presented in Movieorganzer. you have a problem if you choose the incorrect movie

I also buy foreign language movies, with foreign titles. IMDB, presents you with a better view of the selection. Sometimes, they have the title of a foreign movie in English (although you've entered the title as on the sleeve) This (of course) presents me with a problem as I only speak/read English - so have no idea whet the title of a foreign movie (if in it's native language) is in English...

Or sometimes, I've bought a foreign movie, which is released in my country, so has the title in English, but is entered on IMDb under it's natural title language...so again, problems..

Or sometimes, it's entered in IMDb under a different titlle...So I then can search by an actor to find the movie

...so sometimes, although it may seem longer - it does save time...and mistakes.

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:19 am

One of the options I would find useful, is to search by language...not country but language...Canada & France speak French... Argentina & Spain speak Spanish..etc, so option to search by soundtrack language would be useful...to me.
As this is not a custom setting but one that's already here, shouldn't be to difficult.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Bryan,
Bryan wrote:One of the options I would find useful, is to search by language...not country but language...Canada & France speak French... Argentina & Spain speak Spanish..etc, so option to search by soundtrack language would be useful...to me.
As this is not a custom setting but one that's already here, shouldn't be to difficult.
Maybe you can already get this. I think about three ways :
1) From menubar, select Manage > Customize collection and build a new format based on %29\%10
2) Build a genre category named 'spoken language' (but time consuming to set it up, maybe ExtraQueries could help)
3) If you don't use audio parameters and are only interested in language, you can rename audio tracks from 'english 6 ch' to 'English', 'English MP3' to 'English', and so... using attributes renamer plugin
Depending on how your audio tracks are defined, solution 1) could do it or not (English MP3, english AC3, english 6 ch will lead to 3 entries...)
Solution 2) would give only one entry per language but it's up to you to build it (maybe heavy)
Solution 3) may do it if you really don't care audio parameters (channels, codec...) as they will be removed to only keep language
JeF

yanipig
Extra

Post by yanipig » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:39 pm

What would be really great is to maintain a "roadmap" or "what's next" to see what has been chosen for the next relesae, and better, when it will be available approximately (per quarter would be sufficient)

Thank you.