Feature requests for the next version

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.

What features would you prefer to see in the next version?

Better loan manager.
5%
A way to add movie trailers.
7%
Integration with Windows Media Center.
5%
Integration with XBMC.
7%
Full screen mode.
5%
Choose which fields to update when updating over the internet.
20%
More advanced search engine (more fields, more options).
22%
Mass update movies / people.
25%
Password protection.
2%
Automatically backup database.
5%

Total votes: 198

Vlad
Developer

Feature requests for the next version

Post by Vlad » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:48 pm

There are many feature requests on this forum, and choosing ones for a new version gets difficult. I suggest that we collect all feature requests in this topic using the following pattern: name, link to the full description on the forum. For example:
Portable version, requested here
Then we create a poll and will try to implement the most requested features. We cannot guarantee that top-voted features will be implemented, but we will try :)
ImageImage

Wmply Nig
Passerby

Re: Feature requests for the next version

Post by Wmply Nig » Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi Vlad,

I recently started using your great software, but there is one thing that I would like to be able to do, that I don't think I can at the moment ( I do admit, that this may already be a feature that I haven't found yet...)

I collect a lot of TV show box-sets, and it would be a great help if I had a "Duplicate Entry" feature.
As you probably know, most of the cast and crew details would be identical, so this would enable me to enter the details once and then duplicate the entry for any subsequent seasons. I like to have each box-set listed separately, so that I can list when I have loaned a box-set out to friends.
This would also work for those many films that my wife has more than one copy of..... Such as the "Theatrical" version of a movie and "Director's Cut" or "Special Edition" version.

Many thanks,

Nig.

Strengen
Passerby

Post by Strengen » Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Thanks for a nice program.
I don't know how difficult it would be or if it would "crash" with previous implements of the program, but I have a little problem on my own. When I download information about a person, all the movies that this person has been involved in adds to my collection. I would like to have this information about the person, but not adding all those movies to my collection as I only like to have those movies that I own in the collection/database.

Wmply Nig
Passerby

Post by Wmply Nig » Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Strengen wrote:Hi Thanks for a nice program.
I don't know how difficult it would be or if it would "crash" with previous implements of the program, but I have a little problem on my own. When I download information about a person, all the movies that this person has been involved in adds to my collection. I would like to have this information about the person, but not adding all those movies to my collection as I only like to have those movies that I own in the collection/database.
If you click the last icon on the right of the toolbar, and set it to "Show Collection Data" (drawer icon) it will remove the entries not in your collection from view.

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Mon May 18, 2009 3:37 pm

I would ask to use the suggested form for this topic: a request, a very short description and a link to the corresponding topic on the forum. Please don't post unrelated things here.
ImageImage

thornz
Extra

Post by thornz » Thu May 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Sorry about this post i just found the "loan manager" :)
So this post don't need to exist anymore.

Hello,
i love the idea of adding a loan manager.

http://www.movienizer.com/forum/viewtop ... =loan#p567

thanks again for all the work on this great program
Last edited by thornz on Sun May 31, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LazyAndroid
Passerby

Request: "My ratings" on the Report page

Post by LazyAndroid » Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Darsh33
Passerby

Post by Darsh33 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:31 am

we need this feature in the best pro ever

fun stuff
this pic for example

Edited by JeF on 07/30/2009 :
Feature now available in latest imdb movie script available at The most recent versions of scripts

grobnad
    Passerby

Post by grobnad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:46 pm

It would be great with a option for autoupdate all info in all entryes, as now you have to update all entrys 1 by 1, and it would be great if the update dit not changes the titles as it do now, i chance eks. by putting numbres in a long series to get them listede in a cronologic listing, after a update (eks to get more pic) the title is back to normal.

but other wice a great program
    thx alot

buah
    Passerby

Auto disc numbering is crucial

Post by buah » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Dear all,

First of all, thanks for a really great concept you brought us with Movienzer. As someone who has a collection of more than 5000 movies, and who catalogue them for over 8 years, I consider myself fully qualified to state foregoing.
    During those years, I’ve been tested dozens of software, and neither one is so close to fulfill needs of a true film and technical data about film fun. So, I won’t annoy you with my observations and suggestions, ‘cause I know it’s to early for a new version, even for a new build, until December at least. And, please, do not hesitate to ask about suggestions.
    Till then, I’m in a migration phase, which gives me a pretty big migraine (migrate -> migraine ;) ), which is, I think, the weakest link of any software of this kind. But, the fact that I migrate so much movies to Movienizer, tells you enough what I think of it's potential.

Keep up good works, it’s worth it!

P.S. If you found my English peculiar, don’t resent, I’m just an ordinary Serbian guy.