Preventing or overriding TV series detection? How?

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.
karlblomquist
Passerby

Preventing or overriding TV series detection? How?

Post by karlblomquist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 pm

I am scanning a folder containing ONLY movies rips from my DVDs. Each movie is in its own folder.

I have ALL TV scan pattern turned OFF.

Still about 40-50 of my movies come up as TV series.

Is there no way to override this? It seems very limiting that the program would force a choice to TV series and not give the user an option to override.

Ideally the user should be able to selectively force TV or Movie scanning. I have all my TV and Movies in separate folder hierarchies - well organized, and well named - but there seems to be no way to take advantage of this in Movienizer.

I bought a license yesterday, after trying the trial (which of course produces very small # of results and worked ok for small samples)... now I'm starting to regret it.

My collection is too large to do these 1 at a time or manually. I was using Media Center Master and it had no trouble doing what I needed, but unfortunately MCM does not produce Dune metadata.

Sorry if I sounds frustrated, but right now I am very frustrated and disappointed in this program and it's limited options.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

SouthSailor
Passerby

Re: Preventing or overriding TV series detection? How?

Post by SouthSailor » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:57 am

I'd also love this. It's a drag to remove the series wildcards ever time, and even then it still decides that some file with lots of numbers is a tv show.
I usually resort to adding films manually by title and then point them to the individual video file.

brandius
Passerby

Post by brandius » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:23 pm

*push*

Dear developers, please fix this or explain to us how to prevent movies from being recognised as TV series. One example: I am trying to link the program to a folder called "10 Things I Hate About You (1999)", with an appropriately named file. The add/update movie screen recognises this as a series, unfortunately. There is no way to tell the program that it's wrong. This happens for around one in 10-15 files, so it's a serious annoyance. If this is due to a wrong naming convention of my files, please tell me so.

The two (unhandy) workarounds are:
1. In the add/update movie dialog, look for all wrong titles. Change Title directly in this window (often strangely called "Subtitled') to the proper title. Pushing next will download the proper information on the movie. The drawback: The media information (file size etc.) will not be added, as the program still thinks that this file is a TV series. Also, it's a pain in the ass to handpick the few wrong titles.
2. Delete all Titles from the add/update movie dialog that are recognised wrongly (again: a pain in the ass). Even worse, now you have to manually add all the wrongly-recognised files. At least, doing this manually leads to the proper saving of the media information.

I'm hoping on the developers to make a comment on this. If you explain to me why an implementation might be difficult, I also understand that. But please react :)

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Could you please post a screenshot of your TV series recognition settings?
ImageImage

brandius
Passerby

Post by brandius » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:05 am

Hey vlad,

thanks a lot for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I only came around to see it now.

Attached are my screenshots. In my opinion, there is no real option in tools-->options to turn off TV series recognition.

I realized that one of the reasons for the wrong recognition is that I had trailers in some folders. I now moved them to a different location. However, still one in eight or ten movies is recognised as a TV series (300, 2001 - A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Abraham Lincoln, Across 110th street, Akira, All that jazz etc.), even though there is no clue of any TV series in the folders. My file scanner settings are set to recognising the names of the folders and every movie is labelled with the original title and the year in brackets (e.g.: "A Clockwork Orange (1971)" ).

Any clue why that happens?
Attachments
script-settings(imdb-script).png
script-settings(imdb-script).png (208 KiB) Viewed 7930 times
script-settings(download-options).png
script-settings(download-options).png (191.9 KiB) Viewed 7930 times

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Thank you for the screenshots, but we would prefer a screenshot of this window:

Please also see this article.
ImageImage