Question regarding new licensing

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.
pvdavidson
Supporting actor

Re: Question regarding new licensing

Post by pvdavidson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:06 am

rob29 makes some excellent points and I agree with them, particularly as they clarify the real issues around the new licencing model. In the end, it always comes down to "what's the package worth to me?" and paying for that. If it isn't worth it to you, fine, don't pay and do without or get something else that works for you. The regular updating for imdb scripts and the support given by Vlad and JeF in particular when I need to customise Movienizer for my specific needs makes the application worth it to me at the current licence cost levels. Keep up the great work guys!!

It so happens that I would not have purchased Musicnizer or Booknizer but as they come along effectively for free with my Movienizer licence, I have started using them. It is rather convenient to have these to keep track of our fairly large collection of books and music CDs but this just wasn't important enough to me to pay extra before.

Also, great to hear that Windows 8 does allow licence portability. I probably wouldn't have known about that for quite some time because I have no interest whatever in Windows 8. All my experience has been with MS-DOS and then every Windows package since the original way back when. To each his/her own but I'm staying with Win 7 for as long as I can (all my applications are 32 bit anyway) and by the time I need a panel/tablet or whatever, I suspect (hope?) that there may be better systems than Windows available.

asevillano
Supporting actor

License amd Hardware

Post by asevillano » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:07 pm

I have just bought a license for life. My desktop is 6 years old and my Laptop 4.
I think that I have made the idiot. Shortly I will change the Desktop and will have lost money.
I think that they should design something so that this does not happen, it is not normal that a licecia unites a hardware nowadays.
I hope you will do it.
Thanks

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:08 pm

You can upgrade to Family license. Please contact us and we'll provide additional discount for you.
ImageImage

asevillano
Supporting actor

Post by asevillano » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:48 am

Hello, spend more money neither enters my plans nor is the solution.
Does not a procedure exist of deactivating a license to change the hardware?
For example.
Greetings

asevillano
Supporting actor

Post by asevillano » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 am

I can't believe that when you have designed this type of license you should not have thought that the hardware has expiry date.

Greetings

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:50 pm

No, we don't have this function. But you can try to install the program to the same HDD.
ImageImage

asevillano
Supporting actor

Post by asevillano » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 pm

hello: does this mean that if I change the HDD or format or change it of operating system, I will lose my license also?.

Is a good new

Greetings

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:02 pm

You can reinstall OS or change a HDD (not system).
ImageImage

pvdavidson
Supporting actor

Post by pvdavidson » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Just to clarify exactly when a new licence is required...it seems that it's only when a new hardware system is involved (such as a new PC/laptop/whatever or a replacement/upgrade of motherboard/CPU in an existing PC) that a new licence is required if both the installations allowed under the existing licence have been used. Upgrading drives, graphics cards and other peripheral hardware does not cause a licence problem. Is this correct?

What about putting a new Operating System on a an existing system (for instance, going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit)? Does this also require a new licence if both the installations allowed under the existing licence have been used?

As I understand it so far, the regular licence allows for installation on two computers so unless both installations have already been used (PC plus laptop), my existing regular lifetime licence on a single computer lasts until I upgrade the hardware system/CPU (or maybe Operating System on existing PC) and then I can use the second installation entitlement to use the existing licence on the new system. Is this correct?

Assuming I've understood the arrangements correctly, I don't have a problem with any of this as it means that it will be years before I need a new licence - if ever. I just want to be sure about what's happening in view of all the apparent confusion/concern over the new licencing system.

Love the Movienizer application and the support that goes with it...keep up the good work!

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm

pvdavidson wrote:Upgrading drives, graphics cards and other peripheral hardware does not cause a licence problem. Is this correct?
Yes.
pvdavidson wrote: What about putting a new Operating System on a an existing system (for instance, going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit)? Does this also require a new licence if both the installations allowed under the existing licence have been used?
You can change your operating system as many times as you need, if the same computer is used.
pvdavidson wrote: As I understand it so far, the regular licence allows for installation on two computers so unless both installations have already been used (PC plus laptop), my existing regular lifetime licence on a single computer lasts until I upgrade the hardware system/CPU (or maybe Operating System on existing PC) and then I can use the second installation entitlement to use the existing licence on the new system. Is this correct?
Yes. You can use your license on 2 computers at the same time or on one after another.
ImageImage