Applications for mobile phones

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.
Vlad
Developer

Applications for mobile phones

Post by Vlad » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:00 am

We are starting developing movie applications for various sorts of mobile phones (Android, iPhone etc.). They will be able to synchronize with the same database that you have in Movienizer. What features would you like to see in this kind of program for your cellular?
ImageImage

thornz
Extra

Re: Applications for mobile phones

Post by thornz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:40 pm

That's a great news !

I would be happy if i can already just search for a movie and see if it's in my collection or not.
And the hability to have a quick view of the movie i want.

Thanks !!

helm
Extra

Post by helm » Sat May 12, 2012 8:21 am

Great news.

I would like the ability to select which information to sync with your smart phone. Depending on the size of your available space you may not want to have all images, all actors etc. Instead you may want to skip all actors and only transfer two images.

thekirin
Passerby

Post by thekirin » Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 am

The mobile app would be great. I would like to see a list of the movies I have with the cover. The app should have general information about the movie and the location. I have over 4000 movies, finding the movie is the key to watching it. Movienizer is a great tool to manage my collection. Having an app on the phone would be a huge advance.

Pilerman
Extra

Post by Pilerman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:54 am

thekirin wrote:I would like to see a list of the movies I have with the cover. The app should have general information about the movie...
I agree! A little thumbnail of the cover would probably be nice as long as it's small. General information about the movie would be nice too (Release date and leading roles). Too much info or too big of a cover would make the file sizes too big for phones in most cases.
thornz wrote: I would be happy if i can already just search for a movie and see if it's in my collection or not.
I agree! That would be the best thing in the world about a mobile app that synch's with the database on the computer, I'd be able to see if I already own a particular movie!!!
What I'm doing right now is creating a report that includes the movie title and the year, that's it. I export it into Excel and then email it to myself so that I can look at it while I'm movie shopping at a store. I have to create a new report every few months just to somewhat keep it fresh so that I don't end up buying a movie twice.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I use the Flixster app on my Android 'app phone' if I need to find out a bunch of information about particular movies or actors. What I hate about that app is that they want you to sign in with your facebook account. That probably works great if your on facebook but not everybody is and I'm one that's not! I can still use it to find out a lot though, I just can't review movies or do things like that, big deal.
With that being said, with your guys knowledge, I'm sure you can write all the same code that they (Flixster) is using to draw the information off the web. It would take too long to explain everything their app does so let me just tell you real quick what I do with it the most (1 = Most often use for me, 5 = Less use by me)... 1st> I use it to see what movies are being released on DVD and when! (I look at the releases on or before almost every Tuesday) 2> I use it to see who was in certain movies 3> I use it to search for movies that certain actors were in (2 & 3 come in really handy when you can think of the actor but not the movie or you can think of the movie but not the actor) 4> What the big box office smash is 5> What's playing at a theater near me.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'll think of more great-to-me ideas later but right now, I'm gonna go to bed. Nighty Night :)

kanti
Extra

Post by kanti » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

I would like to see a separate program/service which would work along with Movienizer. It should act as a small server which would allow:
- to sync data remotely (via Internet);
- to get data without saving it (work like a web site);
- to stream video (with possibility to convert it to proper format);
- to see statistics is a must.

asevillano
Supporting actor

Post by asevillano » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi, Are there any notice about this?. I think this a veryr good idea.
Thanks

max
Supporting actor

Post by max » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:48 am

asevillano wrote:Hi, Are there any notice about this?. I think this a veryr good idea.
Thanks
Nope nothing happen. :(

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:52 pm

There is Movienizer for iPhone ;)
ImageImage

jonas0_13
Extra

Post by jonas0_13 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:33 am

When will a first release for Android be available ?