WAV files

Found a bug in Musicnizer? Post your comment here.
Bryan
Supporting actor

WAV files

Post by Bryan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 pm

I bought musicmizer, on the strength of moviemizer, but uninstalled because it couldn't handle the tags in my WAV files - although other audio player can manage it...it's been over 1 year since then, thought it may have been updated enough to handle them...no!
I have over 1¾ TB of files, the automatic option was great..but the program cannot read the album title (instead it takes the folder name, which normally would be OK, but I have a number of CDs with the same name, so add a digit to the folder name). It can't manage CDs that have more than one disc..it presents a list of file names...(I add the disc number, followed by a '.' then the track number, all that is lost)..It seems Musicmizer isn't having bugs sorted out as fast as Moviemizer, or rather, it is, but WAV files have taken a 'back seat'

maniac
Developer

Re: WAV files

Post by maniac » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Can you upload a sample WAV file?
ImageImage

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 am

I've uploaded a zip file containing 2 WAV files, size 87MB - however, after the complete upload, it appears not to have been successful.
If the file did not arrive, I can upload it to my Dropbox account, and send you a link to download it from there?

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 am

Bryan wrote:I've uploaded a zip file containing 2 WAV files, size 87MB - however, after the complete upload, it appears not to have been successful.
If the file did not arrive, I can upload it to my Dropbox account, and send you a link to download it from there?
Ok, thank you.
ImageImage

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Here is the link to download a zip file (wav files.zip). It contains 2 files from the same album, one from each disc
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27325170/wav%20files.zip

Hope this helps sort out the problem with Musicnizer and Wav files
I've attached a screen shot of the album, showing the details in Explorer...
tags.JPG
tags.JPG (247.94 KiB) Viewed 10686 times

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Ok, we will check it.
ImageImage

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 am

I downloaded your WAV-files but can't view any tags :(
These are the original files?
ImageImage

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Maniac -
One of the audio programs I have installed is 'dbpoweramp' which, I believe installs it's own enhanced 'view tags details', although I really only use it to convert the WAV files to FLAC, so I can play them on my portable MP3 player. I don't think Windows is able to read the tags in WAV files, if I play them in the WMP, all I get is the file name, I even have to change the 'folder.png' to 'folder.jpg' (just change the extension, not the format) to get the album art. Windows is 'non-audio friendly'
I use 'AlbumPlayer' to play the WAV files on my computer, and it's able to read the WAV tags.
Perhaps Musicnizer needs to look at creating it's own facilities' and not rely to heavily on Windows
Here's what Windows says about one of the files:
___screenshot.jpg
___screenshot.jpg (41.56 KiB) Viewed 10511 times
___screenshot (2).jpg
___screenshot (2).jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 10510 times
I only rip my WAV files from my CD's, I don't download any..I always ensure the tags are correct before ripping

~ Happy New Year ~

maniac
Developer

Post by maniac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Ok, thank you for this info.
ImageImage