Location of Dune database

Found a bug in Musicnizer? Post your comment here.

Location of Dune database

Post by yannis » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:45 pm

I have my music stored on a NAS. The structure is like this - flac music/artist/album/tracks. If I create a Dune catalogue at the root of the folder "flac music", I can't always play the files. Selecting an album shows the list of tracks but if I try to play a single track, I get an error message saying the file is not accessible. However, if I select "_play all", then the files play. Furthermore, I can then get the pop up menu and select an individual track from the playlist and it plays fine.

I then created a sub folder within "flac music" called "musicnizer". Now if I export the Dune catalogue to this location, all files play as they should do. So, it seems that the Dune catalogue cannot be in the same root folder as the music folders. i.e having the catalogue in "flac music" didn't work but having it in "flac music/musicnizer" did,

Re: Location of Dune database

Post by Igor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:01 am

To set every track of an album playable you should check the “Create the directory structure for every track” box on the second step of the Dune catalogue creation wizard.