Dune Export Can't Deal with Same Name Albums

Found a bug in Musicnizer? Post your comment here.
Igor
Developer

Re: Dune Export Can't Deal with Same Name Albums

Post by Igor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:53 am

We are working on this bug and will provide you with the solution as soon as possible.
ImageImage

ironfan11
Extra

Post by ironfan11 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Igor,

Thanks for the update.

ironfan11
Extra

Post by ironfan11 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Well I downloaded 4.1 and I still have the same problem. I can export single items to the dune catalogue no problem but when I tell it to create the catalogue for my whole collection it fails as before. So any news on a fix for this bug?

Also I created a dune catalogue entry for an album and then realized that its genre was wrong so i changed the genre and recreated the dune entry and now i see it as a folder under both genres. Is there a way to get it to delete the old entry when creating the new one?

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 am

ironfan11 wrote:Well I downloaded 4.1 and I still have the same problem. I can export single items to the dune catalogue no problem but when I tell it to create the catalogue for my whole collection it fails as before. So any news on a fix for this bug?
You have several different locations where you keep files. Did you try to create catalog for one location at a time? For example, first for files that are stored on the network, then for local files etc.? You can select/unselect locations in the third step.
ironfan11 wrote: Also I created a dune catalogue entry for an album and then realized that its genre was wrong so i changed the genre and recreated the dune entry and now i see it as a folder under both genres. Is there a way to get it to delete the old entry when creating the new one?
In such cases, it is easier to remove the wrong entry manually. Once you change an entry (for example, genre), the program has no idea that it can find the album in the old genre category. Thus it would need to scan absolutely everything to make sure that the album is not listed somewhere in a wrong category. Then, this should be done for every album, which is why the program will become much slower than now.
ImageImage

ironfan11
Extra

Post by ironfan11 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Vlad wrote:You have several different locations where you keep files. Did you try to create catalog for one location at a time? For example, first for files that are stored on the network, then for local files etc.? You can select/unselect locations in the third step.
Actually I only have music stored on my Home Server, for some reason when I try to export it shows 3 files on an I drive that I don't have. I have unselected these but can not seem to remove them from the list. They are even for some artists that I have never had any music for. I did also try to select a few files (maybe 25) that are all stored on the server and it still failed in the same way. I have succesfully exported 20 albums but once I start to do 25 or more it fails everytime.

Do you think it might make sense to delete the current database and start again (I hope not as that is a huge amoutn fo work on my part)? I did delete the dune catalogue and that made no difference.

Thanks for the info about removing entries manually, makes sense to me.

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:30 pm

You do not need to create your database anew, it's okay. However, did you try to switch your Home Server off while creating the Dune catalog?
ImageImage

ironfan11
Extra

Post by ironfan11 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Nope because I am creating the dune catalog on the home server. I have the catalog stored on the homeserver and use the Dune to access it from there.

Are you suggesting I create the catalog on my PC and then copy it to the homeserver later?

Vlad
Developer

Post by Vlad » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 pm

ironfan11 wrote: Are you suggesting I create the catalog on my PC and then copy it to the homeserver later?
You can simply try it. If it works, copying the catalog can be a solution, but it will also help us to learn more about the problem.
ImageImage

ironfan11
Extra

Post by ironfan11 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 am

OK, so I changed the export path to a directory on my local C: drive and the Dune catalog exported without any failures, so I guess the export issues may have something to do with the network path.

However, it now allows me to confirm that I still have the issue with Albums with the same name (most commonly Greatest Hits) all show the same artwork. The songs within the albums seem to be OK but they all have the same album cover.

ironfan11
Extra

Post by ironfan11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Has there been any progress on the problems when exporting albums of the same name?

They all show the same artwork. Obviously there are many artists that have "Greatest Hits" albums and it would be nice to have the correct album artwork shown.