Download userratings

Need a new feature in Musicnizer? Post your suggestions here.
Stephan
Passerby

Download userratings

Post by Stephan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Hello developpers,

i bought musicnizer today, in the hope that it could connect to musicmeter.nl (like moviemeter.nl for movienizer). I cant see where...

Second, i thought it would be possible to donload userratings from musicmeter (i.e. 300 votes for an album menas a 3.78 rating.) So i could sort by userrating.

And last. I generated a list with >2000 album like this:

Tori Amos American doll posse
Tori Amos Anything But Honey
Tori Amos Boys For Pele
Tori Amos Little Earthquakes
Tori Amos The Beekeeper
Tori Amos Under The Pink
Tori Amos Welcome to sunny Florida (this is how the folders are named)

but that doesn't work att all! I cant just manually enter 2000 albums (only by name)! Scanning wont help, it doesn't find too much...

I hope you can help me, because now the software is not really helpfull.

Thanks!

Stephan

Vlad
Developer

Re: Download userratings

Post by Vlad » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:29 am

Please note that Musicnizer is distributed as 'try-before-you-buy', which means that everybody can download the program and test all its features for free. No registration of any kind is required for testing. We recommend to use this option to make sure that you do not purchase a pig in a poke.

Musicmeter is currently not supported, but I think we can add this site pretty soon.

Musicnizer depends on ID3 tags when scanning your files. If your files do not have correct ID3 tags, you can fix this with a program like mp3Tag Pro.

As to the list of albums, please take into account that input may depend on the database that you use. For example, the format like "Tori Amos American doll posse" should be accepted fine by discogs, but will not be accepted by MusicBrainz (which is used by default). You will need to remove the Tori Amos part (i.e. only the name of the album should be entered).
ImageImage