Disc Types Question

Your experience with Musicnizer, questions, remarks.
Nevy P
Passerby

Disc Types Question

Post by Nevy P » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello All

I have been busy creating my music library in Musicnizer (over 2000 albums) and i have a question about editing the album information.

In the album editing box under "Discs" there is a parameter called ''Disc Type" in which i have created headings such as - Studio Album, Live Album,Compilation etc etc.

As i have a large library i was wondering if it was possible to (batch) edit multiple albums disc types as i am currently editng the Disc Type manually for EACH album - this will take a very long time!!!!

.....or could i change ALL the albums disc types to say Studio Album (my most common Disc Type) and then change the few to another type later - to save time

I dont know if i can create this feature for batch editing

Any help will be appreciated

Nevy P

Vlad
Developer

Re: Disc Types Question

Post by Vlad » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:12 am

Currently there is no way to batch-assign disc types, one can do that only with custom SQL queries (which is not recommended if one is not a programmer). If you do not use custom fields for other purposes, you can can use one of the custom fields instead (they can be changed in Group operations).
ImageImage

Nevy P
Passerby

Re: Disc Types Question

Post by Nevy P » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:46 pm

OK

Thanks Vlad

AlbertWaino
Extra

Disc Types Question

Post by AlbertWaino » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:13 pm

I would say it is similar to those field types such as the molecular cloud in that it affects all objects within its sphere of influence.

So the accretion disc would be one except it is only large enough to fit one system in it.