XBMC Export Plugin (v0.88)

Additional plug-ins for the program.
JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Re: XBMC Export Plugin (v0.87)

Post by JeF » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 pm

kev-nn wrote:Thanks JeF for the such fast update :)
You're welcome
P.S. The only thing, I have noticed, for the rewrite of fanart it is necessary to choose at first in options input of Fan Art Image and only after this add movies (e.g. "All Movies"). Otherwise the Fan Art won't be rewritten. It is not a problem, but I spent some time to understand it))
Thanks for reporting, i've just uploaded fixed build (still v0.87) : please download and re-install
;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:40 am

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Movienizer. Bought this program for its database abilities but also for its abilities to integrate directly with WMC or thru XBMC. Spent the last few weeks organizing hundreds of movies. Now it is time to move over to the benefits of a WMC display. Unfortunately, this is where I run into two problems:

1. With the XBMC plug-in, I have DL'd it and unzipped it into the MN folder, but cannot get Movienizer to display it. I have read in this thread that it has been a problem. The link to the demo solution is no longer active and and Jef post this:
Quote:
"How do i get MN to show the plugin from under the "Plugins" tab??"

A: "As far as i know, dev team is still in the process to open that menu to user plugins entries. I guess user plugins will integrate Movienizer plugins menu in the near future in a coming Movienizer release." -JeF

This exchange took place in 2010 I think. What has happened? Is there a solution?

2. I thought then I would give the "Export to WMC" a try. It brings up NO LISTINGS under the Title or Filename list. I cannot find anything in Help or in this Forum on this Topic.

Thanks for your time and effort to consider!

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 am

Hi,
CanadianPilgrim wrote:With the XBMC plug-in, I have DL'd it and unzipped it into the MN folder, but cannot get Movienizer to display it.
Did you put and unzip the zip file in the right folder which is "Plugins" subfolder of Movienizer install dir (see first post) ?
If not, just move XBMC*.* files to "Plugins" subfolder and (re)start Movienizer.
;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 am

That worked, thanks Jef. I had installed it into the directory where the data file was.

Any thoughts about the "Export to WMC" problem?

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

Not OK. I can get the XBMC Engine running now, but I can't get a list of movies to populate, similar to the problem I described above about "Export to WMC". Starting to think I have a problem with my database, but there are no other indicators of that problem.

The "Select Movie's Filename" dialogue shows my dmo file and its correct path. However, that is not a "movie name" it is a "database name". Am I not able to export my database in XBMC compatible format with this plug in?

Another Friday night in front of this screen...

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am

CanadianPilgrim wrote:Not OK. I can get the XBMC Engine running now, but I can't get a list of movies to populate, similar to the problem I described above about "Export to WMC". Starting to think I have a problem with my database, but there are no other indicators of that problem.
I would say : make sure your collection (*.dmo file + 'covers' folder close to it) is outisde C:.
Many users have encountered problems with vista/seven about rights management of these OS when having their db on C:.
The simplest way to avoid that sort of issue is to store the collection on another local drive than C: (or in a good location on C:, for example, in your "Documents" folder but imo, another dirve is safer)
However, that is not a "movie name" it is a "database name".
You're right, that string will be changed in next release (not yet planned).

JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks again, JeF! Will try that.

BTW, did I say that I LOVE this program!! You guys have done well.

Finally, I make a little objection to my status as "passerby". I am a subscriber/licencee and hobbiest, though I may be without the elite developer skills you guys possess.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm

CanadianPilgrim wrote:Thanks again, JeF!
You're welcome :)
BTW, did I say that I LOVE this program!! You guys have done well.
Thanks for your opinion
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Still not OK :? Followed JeF's instructions and moved the movieDB and covers 2x. In sum, I tried a Public Documents folder on C: , the root of C: , and a USB drive as D: Can't get a list to populate from any location using either the XBMC Export Plug-In, or the Export to WMC Plug-In.

I did install MN on a Windows 7 computer; I wish I had known about this issue sooner or I would have installed it on an XP computer.

Any other workarounds? I really need this database output to a WMC format through the XBMC Plug-In preferably. Will my licence allow me try over again on an XP computer? If so, will the database transpose from Win7 to XP? (there are over 500 titles worth of effort there invested!) ?

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 pm

CanadianPilgrim wrote:Still not OK :? Followed JeF's instructions and moved the movieDB and covers 2x. In sum, I tried a Public Documents folder on C: , the root of C: , and a USB drive as D: Can't get a list to populate from any location using either the XBMC Export Plug-In, or the Export to WMC Plug-In.
Strange...
About XBMC plugin : do you have videofile paths attached to the movies ('Editions' tab, 'Filename' Field) ?
XBMC plugin will ony list movies :
- being in collection (having the 'in_collection' checkbox ticked)
- having a path defined to a video media.
I did install MN on a Windows 7 computer; I wish I had known about this issue sooner or I would have installed it on an XP computer.
I guess the OS is not involved : i'm running Windows Seven x64 ultimate and running XBMC plugin without any pb.
Any other workarounds? I really need this database output to a WMC format through the XBMC Plug-In preferably. Will my licence allow me try over again on an XP computer? If so, will the database transpose from Win7 to XP? (there are over 500 titles worth of effort there invested!) ?
As far as i know, the file system (ntfs) is still the same between XP and Seven, then you only have to copy/paste your collection (*.dmo file + 'covers' folder) from a Seven PC to XP one.
Concerning the licence, my XBMC plugin is a free contribution and should run fine on a non-licenced (demo) installation of the program opening the full database (however, that pc must be on the same LAN to be able to reach videofiles using paths stored in Movienizer Db (like \\srv\movies\...).

;)
JeF